In delivering on this commitment, Emera
Newfoundland & Labrador will:
- make environment an integral part of decision
making, as it pursues sustainable development, environmental performance, quality
service to customers and value to shareholders.
- develop, verify and continually improve environmental
management systems through strong leadership and employee commitment.
- avoid environmental interactions when possible. If avoidance is not possible, mitigate and follow-up to determine the
effectiveness of mitigation and adjust where necessary.
- use the Environmental Policy as the framework
for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets.
- work with employees and customers to promote the
most efficient use of resources, products and services.
- communicate with all stakeholders on
environmental performance in a proactive and open manner.
Emera Newfoundland & Labrador mandates that all employees
fulfill the environmental responsibilities and requirements of their jobs at all
Click here to view the official document.